home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Woodland Room Spoiler

So we all know by now that patience is not one of my virtues! Hence, why I'm spoiling the 'big reveal' and showing you the progress pictures.
Oh yes...there's an arbor in this Woodland Room! Nothing like sleeping under the trees. I'm still trying to finalize the look. It's definitely in need of more tweaking before I'm lovin' it.

This little area will be getting some art and/or a mirror possibly.

 I found the lampshade at Ikea yesterday and love how it pulls in all the colors through flowers. Perfect, right?! I still need to take the plastic off the shade. It's not as shiny as it looks.

 Bye, bye traditional nightstand. If it holds an alarm clock, it works in my book!

Are you wondering if I used my power tools for this project? I have to come clean and tell you I didn't touch a single one. I played the role of Tim the Toolman's handy assistant and let my husband do the cutting. I bet he just cringes inside when he hears the words..."So, I was thinking..." 

Lots to do still, but don't fret, I'll keep you posted. (Oh yes, pun intended!)

If you want me to "think" about your room, contact me so we can get started. Available services listed here.

5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks for the peek! I would have never imagined an arbor and the clever nightstand! Love your outside the box ideas!

Kara Paslay said...

Exciting! Love out of the box ideas! Can't wait to see it finished!

A room with a view said...

This is impressive so far. Wonderful imagination!

Michelle said...

That is going to be SO fun!!

Carly Haslee said...

Oh my goodness-so glad you're not patient because I'm not either! It is looking seriously amazing. Slightly obsessed with the nontraditional nightstand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips